[Dailydrool] 4th of July

Ski sushiela at michiana.org
Sun Jul 13 03:36:38 PDT 2008

            Our 4th of July.

   Sophie's (basset hound) parents called & asked if we could keep
   her overnight on the 4th of July because their neighbor had commercial
   fireworks. (meaning extremely loud booms that shake the house) So miss
   jaws would not open her mouth for the benedryl. Mom somehow got it down
   her throat. Mom decides to sleep on the living room floor with Sophie so she
   is calm with mom being close by. Sophie is sitting next to mom & panting so
   hard that her saliva is dripping on mom.  I, Sadie, am in the kitchen & am
   fussy about the fireworks. Mom lets me into the living room & lays on the couch.
   I fall asleep by the door & Sophie is sitting next to the couch by mom still panting
   heavily.  Mom can't fall asleep herself so she pets Sophie who is wet all the way
   down her throat & chest & the carpet is all wet under her. She did not wet herself,
   it was from all the panting.  The TV goes on full blast & Sophie lays down & gets
   calm. At 12:15 it was all over except for Penny pacing in the kitchen, so out
   we all go outside, do our duty, come back in and go to sleep in the kitchen & mom
   went off to bed.  We all slept the next day.

           Pwincess Sadie & Countess Penny of Indiana
                Sadie1 at dogomania.com