[Dailydrool] Beachbaby's Gotcha Day

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Sun Jul 13 12:16:59 PDT 2008

We've been gone on vacation so I missed telling y'all about Beachbaby's Gotcha Day, which was Monday, July 7th.

Beachbaby, her given name, was our first rescue dog.  My Stella (ATB 12-19-07) had given me a sign (a story in itself) and directed me to basset rescue, which I absolutely had no idea even existed.  After looking online for a few weeks, my heart was struck by a bonded pair through ABHR that was in Birmingham.  Our Stanley had become very depressed after Stella's untimely death, and he was not enjoying being the only dog, as I thought he would.

    We drove to Birmingham the last weekend in June to meet the girls and their foster mom, and fell in love with them all.  We came home and made application, then went through the usual jitters about the home visit, etc.  We were able to go back the following weekend, July 7th, to get the girls.  Beachie's foster mom mentioned as we were leaving that we might want to check into the Daily Drool.

    Begonia, the other half of the bonded pair, had undetected and rapidly advancing cancer, and she was only with us about six weeks.    But that gave Beachbaby enough time to bond with us and with Stanley, and she was able to transition into our lives without her sister Begonia.

    We haven't mastered exactly how to get pictures on the Drool, but Beachbaby does have a Dogster page if anyone would like to see her.

    Happy Belated Gotcha Day, Beachbaby!!!!

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)