[Dailydrool] Feeding Issues

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Sun Jul 13 13:55:42 PDT 2008

My husband used to cook for the dogs. Chicken breasts (since he didn't care
for dark meat, he was sure that they wouldn't, either), roasts, and whatever
he thought sounded good for them.  There was always dry dog food available,
but they preferred to wait until Daddy came up because he'd make sure that
their dinner was better than just plain old dog food.  Dog food was just to
fill in the holes that might exist after their normal dinner.

The beginning of this year, Dan began having health problems and was in and
out of hospitals for about 5 months.  He came home on May 31st, in pretty
good condition, only to fall about a week later.  He's been in bed ever
since and is slowly recuperating.  Guess who doesn't cook?  Yes, me.

I followed CBL's formula to teach the girls to eat kibble and it worked.  I
don't even cook for myself, much less for them.  It was pretty much eat the
dog food or starve, and they learned that kibble can taste pretty good.
They have survived wonderfully!

Don't hesitate!  I couldn't do anything until Dan was away from home because
just one little moan from Lilie was enough to break his will.  I, however,
was a sister and a mother and I'm moan proof.

Good luck!

Katie, Lilie, Daffodil and Daisy the Yorkie