[Dailydrool] LOVEY LU-- good News and maybe bad

Marti Gregor marti at thesewandsews.com
Mon Jul 14 04:45:08 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Martha Gregor [mailto:marti716 at roadrunner.com]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 7:41 AM
To: Subject: LOVEY LU-- good News and maybe bad

The good news is she will be 9 years old on Thursday!! And she is still the
best dog ever.
 My Bearded Basset!
 The bad news is . Friday She was going to get groomed and the groomer and I
noticed at the same time that she had a bright red bottom. It was a
cyst/infected/abscessed anal gland- we hope. Anyhow . Took her to the vet
immediately and he drained a cyst or it could be a tumor. She has hole in
her bottom next to her rectum that is about the size of a quarter. It is
messy and bleeding and oozing and will for a couple of days. So we have
things covered well and are applying hot compresses to her bottom after she
goes out each time.

IF it is a tumor it is LARGE and may render her incontinent if removed.
(we'll cross that bridge when we get to it!)

So for now we are treating her with high doses of anti biotic and hot
compresses and LOVE. Lots of love. Poor her. She is being such a good girl
about all this. Her bottom is gross! BUT if the hole heals up and each side
of her bottom looks the exactly same. Then it was an abscess. If it doesn't
- we'll go from there.

 The side with the incision is harder. So in 2 weeks or before if I notice
anything wrong or different. We will know more of what we are dealing with.

Seems i am always shaving her bottom  because of all the hair there that
makes things messy.And at least once a week have her in the tub for a
"bottom" shower. I did not see this at all .

So that could be a good thing.

One of the Vets is leaning toward tumor and one towards abscess.

Still Lovey is just what her name indicates. She is Lovey and patient as we
do what has to be done.

 She is the best.

 So drool a little for Lovey please-- as she didn't get the drooling part!!!
And Lady Belle would not think of drooling- eeeewwww!!!

 Marti and Lovey Lu - Only one basset Belle and Maisie may

THE SEW and SEWS
Custom Machine Embroidery.
SUMMER SALE_BUY ONE GET ONE 1/2 OFF
 On NOW!!!