[Dailydrool] Wasps, Santana & Bees Oh mY!!

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 12:38:44 PDT 2008

Hi everyone!  Happy Monday!  (I am pretending I am happy it is Monday hehe)

Mr Pants apparently got stung by a wasp Saturday while we were painting the
deck and moved some things around...wasps homes!  I did not notice till
the evening as we were going to bed 11:30pm and I had to move the big guy
out of my spot of the bed.  He yelped and I thought oh  no what happened.  I
then checked his neck and then touched his right ear and he yelped
again....then I felt the big bubble.  No stinger so I am sure it was a wasp
as I believe they do not leave their stinger behind like a reg. bee.  I
panicked and took him to the ER because little did I know the allergic
reaction would have happened EARLIER rather then later.  The lady I spoke to
on the phone didn't communicate this to me prior to me bringing him in.
Well at least I know for next time or can pass along that info.

Well Santana's ear is not hurting him but it seems to be itchy I am guessing
as he don't yelp in pain but kinda shakes his head like saying "that feels
weird mommy!".  He still has the bubble and it is the same size about 2 in
long by 1 in wide.  He lets me rub it softly and put his owie pal bunny cold
pack on it which seems to help it.  The ER vet told me possibly I can tape
his ear on top of his head to help w/ gravity and the fluid moving.

We bought some bee/wasp catchers they seem to be smart ones and are not
going in there.  ERR!    We threw a pot away where they seemed to making
their home last night since in the evening they are lazy hehe....in a black
bag and I was sreaming the enitre time and we tied a knot in it!  I hate
bees/wasps icky!

Does anyone have any idears to help this bubble go away for Mr Pants?  Maybe
some benadryl?

--
Anitra
Momma To

Check out Mr. Pants' woofsites!
Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/622568
OR
Myspace Page: http://www.myspace.com/santanadog

"Happiness is a warm puppy"-Rerun Van Pelt (Charlie Brown Character)