[Dailydrool] Another ATB Question

Barbara Slater sahara.west at att.net
Mon Jul 14 13:17:34 PDT 2008

I'd never heard of having the other dogs actually smell the deceased dog, but earlier this year
  there was a series of listings on The Drool that discussed having the other dogs present.  So
  when I had to let Frances go in April (Lymphoma), Frazier was there just as he always was.
  He did his normal attention grabbing tricks while I was holding Frances, but as soon as our
  Vet gave the shot he sat down in the corner of the room and just waited.

  When we got home he only looked for her once, to let her know it was time for dinner.  I had
  to stop myself from crying so that he would eat.  Although I know he misses her, there are
  no obvious behavior alterations.  Now that he is the only one he does seem to get bored
  more often.  My parents say they notice that he has to be with me at all times, but he was
  always a mama's boy and I had to be within sight or he came looking for me.

  So far, so good.  We take each day as it comes and he gets all my lovin', which of course
  he always expected anyway.

  Barb, Frances (Lovingly ATB) & Frazier (Did you go somewhere while I was napping?)
  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/143457