[Dailydrool] If I didn't have the Daily Drool...

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Mon Jul 14 15:11:15 PDT 2008

If I didn't have the Daily Drool:

I would have one basset, not three.

I would be a dog owner, not a slave.

I wouldn't walk up to complete strangers and tell they where they shouldn't buy a dog or encourage every dog lover I know to foster a hound.

I wouldn't know more about veterinary medicine than human medicine.

I wouldn't have any friends who own multiple bassets.

I wouldn't have shared my home with half a dozen four-legged fosters.

Basset social events wouldn't form an important element of my social life.

I wouldn't have so many friends I've never met or so many sources for information on basset behavior and health.

My nondog friends wouldn't think I was zany because I always talk about dog rescue and treat my hounds like kids.

I would never have met my heart dog.

Come on, folks, how would your life be different if you didn't have the Drool?
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets