[Dailydrool] Viewing the deceased

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Mon Jul 14 16:07:53 PDT 2008

<<I know people who do this-- have the rest of the dogs in to view the body, as it were,and if you want to do that, it's fine, maybe it makes you feel better. I just think for myself it is not something I am going to be doing. Just my opinion...>>

I've heard a lot about this from the Drool and was really surprised recently to read that all dogs do not relate well to being around at the death. It was a surprise to me! But I think you also have to know your hounds. A very nervous hound might not do well with it. I don't think I'd have our Abner take part in it.

I must say, I dread the day we lose either Jane or Bel. They are a bonded pair, and I'm sure the one left will grieve deeply. But when we lost our Alexis, no one seemed at all fazed by it. I wonder if they somehow knew she had cancer.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets