[Dailydrool] Drool needed

Kahuna and Friends surferdogs at comcast.net
Tue Jul 15 05:25:40 PDT 2008

My 5 year old St. Bernard needs some drool today. He had a tonic-clonic
seizure this morning. I probably wouldn't have noticed - I was running
around getting things together for trash day - but I looked out back and
Miss Maggie was standing over him. At first I thought he was playing, laying
on his back, then I saw how she was just standing guard and went out. He was
seizing and foaming at the mouth. It only lasted maybe 20 seconds once I was
out there and he seems OK now...a little wobbly and confused but up and
walking. The vet opens in about 15 minutes so will call them and get him in
right away. I'm hoping it's nothing serious and a one time event, but we
will deal with whatever comes up.

We had an epileptic poodle when I was a kid, so it's not the first time I've
dealt with this, but it is a little different in a St. Bernard vs a toy
poodle!

Synthia, medic for
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Doheny, Kahuna (Baja is playing a new game!)
Ace the Newf
Saintly Miss Maggie (I tried to take care of him) and Baja (shake, rattle,
and roll)
Maya the Great Dane (Let's jump on him - he wants to wrestle!)

The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life. ~Albert Einstein