[Dailydrool] kids at dog park

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:58:48 PDT 2008

...........The signs on the gates also say no unsupervised children. Funny
how
there seem to be fewer instances of pitbulls/pitbull mixes than there
are instances of unsupervised children, at least when I'm at the dog
park...............

Way behind on drools, but wanted to comment on the above.  Our dog park's
sign distinctly says to keep your children within arms reach.  I do so with
my children, but others do not. My children are 11 and 9 and have been
taught not to approach a dog and if a dog walks up how to introduce yourself
properly, etc.  I just wish that all children were taught this.  On another
note, the employee picnic for work is coming up and it says all children and
dogs are welcome as long as the dogs are on a leash. I said to a co-worker,
"Too bad it doesn't say bring your kids as long as they are on a leash" and
this is from somone that has 2 of one and 3 of another.  Of course, there
are always exceptions to the rule of needing one or the other leashed.

DRool to all in need who are ill or in sorrow.  We have about 25 drools left
to read before we are caught up.

Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver