[Dailydrool] flat basset first time ever and hopefully the last

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 18:13:12 PDT 2008

This evening Madame Zelda was especially blah. I put on her snood (to cover
the tumor and keep people from saying "Oh my God!! What's WRONG with her???"
and took her down to Doc's where he was going to put (and did) a Fentanyl
transdermal patch on her for the pain. She was feeling pretty badly, I
think. I lifted her out of the car and walked slowly toward the building but
she stopped. She didn't exactly flat Basset, she just refused to budge. All
around me are people giggling and saying "Oh, how cute!!"(She had a gold
lame snood on).
I am thinking, No, not cute at all. And kept trying to get her to come on.
Finally I lifted her up and carried her about a yard, and put her down, and
she reluctantly followed me into the building. Poor Zelda.

After we had been home awhile she needed to go out. On her way in she
stopped at the step and stared at me. I watched her try to raise her front
leg up to go up the step and suddenly realised that the way Doc had put the
Vetwrap on hobbled her good front leg! It isn't that he doesn't know how to
do it, it's that he forgets she's a Basset. I rewrapped it and she is much
happier. For the first time in a couple of days she seems more relaxed.
Maybe I'll buy a t-shirt for her tomorrow, just to make sure no one bothers
that wrap. (It is sprayed with Bittran.)

MomPerson to Nigel,Llewis, Mitchell, Zelda and Cooper