[Dailydrool] flat bassets (and others)

Taylor family jklmtaylor at verizon.net
Tue Jul 15 19:11:49 PDT 2008

Luckily I have never had my own BROOD rescue Janee do a flat basset- she loves to go for walks and has the nicest round wiggle to her backside as she prances along (despite arthritis in 3 legs). But I can attest that bassets are not the only breed to go "flat". We were at a dog social event called Yappy Hour on vacation (OBX) last week and near the end saw a very large Chesapeake Bay Retriever flat- right in front of the open tailgate to its car. We thought it was too tired to get in and the owner too small to lift such a heavy dog. She said nope- the dog was being stubborn and it was a battle of wills. Also treats weren't working as dogs had been given plenty at the party. I told her I thought bassets were the only ones to go flat and she gave me a strange look... Lisa and the WV girls