[Dailydrool] Question about legs

Linda Gardner hockeyphans at verizon.net
Thu Jul 17 05:09:27 PDT 2008

Elwood (ATB) had a very badly twisted left front leg. It never seemed
to bother him.  He always looked like he was posing.  He went to the
bridge last October and never suffered from arthritis.  Our little
Lucy also has a badly twisted leg, also the left one.  Her front legs
also bow out at the shoulders, sort of like a bull terrier.

Big Bubba's legs, on the contrary, are straight, almost like a
bloodhound's.  Considering his size (he's the biggest, but not overly
heavy, basset I've ever seen, and I've seen well over a hundred at our
annual fall picnic at Saratoga State Park in upstate NY), it wouldn't
surprise me that somewhere in his ancestry one of the females had a
little hanky-panky with a bloodhound.  He also has a very large head.
Both he and Lucy are rescues from ABC.  I know for a fact that Bubba
came from a pet store and, I'm sure, was born in a puppy mill.

Linda, food slave to Little Lucy and Big Bubba, Jake (ATB), Elwood
(ATB) (the Blues Brothers)