[Dailydrool] Flash and his ears/nails...

tibbotbasset at aol.com tibbotbasset at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 17:17:50 PDT 2008

I had Flash to the vet yesterday.  He has a yeast infection in his ear.  Poor guy's been shaking his head so much but seems better today after just a day on the drops.  My real problem is this:  I asked them to do his nail as he always gives us a hard time with them.  He totally freaked out, panting, howling, crying, trying his best to get off the table.  They ended up using a muzzle and having me hold his head and talk to him.  At one point before the muzzle the vet said his lips or gums were a little blue, and that if we noticed that again we should x-ray his chest.  So, my problems are 1.  should I be worried about his blue-ness? or chalk it up to stress and extreme agitation? and 2. What on earth am I going to do next time he needs his nails done??  We got Flash in 2004 from Tri-State and don't know too much about his previous life, I know he's always given us a hard time with the nails but it's certainly gotten much worse.
Any advice?

Thanks,

Karen, Flash and Amelia