[Dailydrool] Remembering Blueberry

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 07:02:53 PDT 2008

Once again, I want all of you Droolers who supported me during my
Blueberry's illness and death to know how much it meant to be embraced by the  warmth of
your love.  You really got me through that terrible, terrible  time.  I can't
tell you how touching and healing it was to receive all  of your e-mails --
so thoughtful and caring and personal -- and to be surprised  by beautiful,
meaningful cards and even incredible gifts.  All remembering  my Blueberry.

It has been, as too many of you know from your own experience, a dark and
difficult time.  The grief ebbs and flows.  Somedays you can live with  it; some
days it crashes over you unexpectedly, and you fear you will drown in  its
wave.

I want to share with you two things that happened the other day -- on the
8th week anniversary of her death.

First, a friend of mine stopped by with her dog, who looks so much like
Blue.  It was both lovely and heartbreaking to see him.  I found  myself just
holding and cuddling him, pretending he was her.  Then we  walked out to the car,
and the little boy next door spotted him.  Michael  adored my Berry girl, they
were absolute best friends.  (His Mom tried to  explain everything to him,
but he's only seven and apparently it didn't really  take.)  When he saw my
friend's dog, his face lit up with joy, and he ran  over, arms open, shouting,
"Blueberry!  You've come back!"

I, of course, wept.

Then, after she left, as I was heading back into the house, I spotted my
blueberry bush.  This was a gift from a sweet friend as a memorial to my
Blueberry.  I didn't think it would actually bloom.  But there, on its  branches,
were a host of big, beautiful, plump (just like my Blue)  berries.  I, of course,
wept again.

I knew my Daily Drool family would understand how much these little things
meant to me.

Love,
Beth (Blueberry ATB)

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.