[Dailydrool] a menacing growl

Pam Chandler bossmom at intergate.com
Fri Jul 18 10:22:35 PDT 2008

Has Murphy been to the vet recently?  If not, I'd have him evaluated to make
sure there is no physical reason for him to respond in that manner.  You
said he was drowsy.  Some dogs, especially older ones with arthritis or
other pain will react to protect themselves is someone touches them when
they are asleep.  I'd make sure that Murphy is fully awake and aware before
petting him.  If there is no physical reason for Murphy's behavior, I'd
suggest you go to a behaviorist for an evauation.

Pam Chandler

Bossanova Bassets
http://bossanovabassets.com

President, Shasta Kennel Club