[Dailydrool] Dog Food Opinions

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Fri Jul 18 10:26:54 PDT 2008

Okay, since you asked, here's what we fed our previous dog (a chinook
who lived to be 15+) and was a strong, muscular 90 lbs and what we
feed our current dog, Jill the Bagel, who weighs in at 43 lbs and is
also all muscle:  Purina One  Lamb & Chicken formula.

Our first dog had only one UTI and only one ear infection in all 15
years. She was a healthy and happy well adjusted dog with lots of
energy, a great shiny coat, and wonderful disposition.  Other than a
freakish excised tumor Jill is outstandingly healthy, energetic, great
shine to her coat, etc.; her disposition waxes and wanes between happy
and spirited beagle to total bassitude.

Jill came to us through rescue and was on two other products, both
which were recalled for killing dogs (after we weaned her to Purina
One).  While Jill was on the other stuff she was dosed frequently by
her previous owners with prednisone for allergies and had to be
shampooed weekly due to a reocurring rash.  Once weaned to Purina her
skin and allergy problems resolved on their own.

This product has worked and continues to work very well for our dogs.
We do not supplement with anything other than occasional Milk Bone
biscuits as treats. At one point DH gave Jill "Scooby Treats" and Jill
developed terrible breath; we discontinued those treats and her breath
returned to normal. We continue to purchase Purina and Milk Bone only
products because they are manufactured at their own plants and not
contracted out.

Nadine Mysker
Slave to Jill the Bagel