[Dailydrool] Raymond's condition

Beryl Silberg berylrich2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 17:24:37 PDT 2008

Well, Raymond was back at the vet today.  We've been treating his yeast infected ears w/the two prescription items since Monday, and last night (Thurs) he was up all night scratching all over his body.  I gave him some benedril hoping that would help, but he was so itchy - I've never seen him like this in the 3 yrs since he adopted us.  This morning he had big red (fuscia) welt-type markings all over his underarms, chest and stomach & between his legs.  So, after another examination (his 3rd in a week) the vet gave him a shot (depo steroid) and sent him home w/some epi soothe shampoo and prednisolone tabs.  We've already bathed him in this shampoo, and between that and the steroid shot, he seems to be able to rest a little now.  We're hoping he'll be able to sleep tonight, which will mean we'll be able to, also.

Karen, it sounds like Flash & Raymond have a lot in common.  Raymond is also suffering from  yeast infection in his ears, and when he had his nails cut at the vet last Fri, it took 2 of us to hold him so the vet could cut his nails.  He shrieked and screamed continuously thruout the procedure.  Let's hope we will both receive some advice from some other droolers out there as to how to deal with this strange personality quirk.  Will keep youall posted and Raymond's progress.  Hope all our drooling friends have a great weekend.              Beryl & Raymond