[Dailydrool] Blue Power Ear Treatment Question

Tim Meyer sound4hound at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 20:53:40 PDT 2008

I love the Blue Power Ear Treatment! We took our new foster, Gracie to the vet and although her ears looked good, they smelled a little. I told the vet about the Drool and the recipe. She approves but was asking exactly what purpose does the gentian violet serve? Anybody know?

Also, Gracie has discharge out of almost all of her nipples. It is clear, creamy and has a little blood in it. The vet says it could be a false pregnancy and bring her in Monday if it doesn't clear up (mastitus). Can anyone share a home remedy to help dry up Gracie, or how to care for her properly. She is very sweet and a little shy. When I squeeze her nipples, the ooze comes out, one nipple is a little hard and nothing comes out, but doesn't seem to hurt her. I told all this to the vet and she still says to give it a little time.

Gracie also had tapeworm - she got a shot to remove those nasty things. But no heartworm. Overall she is pretty healthy, but we've only had her almost 2 weeks.
Thanks for your input!
Tammy
The Land of Enchanment