[Dailydrool] Reba

Tina Zantrofski dzantrofski69 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 02:19:19 PDT 2008

Thank you all very much for your prayers and support. My son and I finally
got Reba to eat last night and she actually wanted to try to play with my
mix, Buddy, so I think we are turning the corner on this one.

I was very worried about her yesterday. The poor little thing seemed so sick
but her tail never stopped wagging.  It wasn't that she was eating and then
throwing up, she wouldn't even look at the food!  I had tried enticing her
with everything I could think of yesterday.  At the beginning of the day,
she just turned her head as if the look of food made her feel ill.  Later in
the day she would at least sniff it, but wasn't eating. By last night my
17-year-old son was sitting on the kitchen floor with her and asked me if he
should try getting her to eat. I told him sure.  He hand fed her about 19
pieces of dry kibble and she ate it!  We waited awhile and then I tried some
more along with the boiled chicken I had tried earlier which she hadn't
wanted at that time and she ate that too.  What a relief! She's not up yet
this morning but I have good feeling she's going to be even better today,
just like you all said.  Of course, my other two can't understand why she's
getting all the "good stuff" and they get the" same ole stuff".

So anyway, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making me feel
better about the whole situation and reassuring me that I was doing the
right thing.

Tina and

Reba (ummmm. When's breakfast, I'm hungry!)

And Millie the lab and Buddy the mix