[Dailydrool] Duncan Jan's Bloodhound.Jan Cook's our drool member

Georgie and Miss Becky sauble at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 19 10:58:55 PDT 2008

Please send drool and prayers for Duncan the Bloodhound Jan Cook's baby

Duncan got quite ill on the way, took him in to a 24 hr. clinic in Moose Jaw. Severe pain, drooling. meningitis-like symptoms, like before. Got some pills prescribed by the emerg. here (the vet phoned them, as they have treated him before) in Medicine Hat, and got him in to the vet here. By then he had a quite bad fever. (I also had an IV running in the motel room, more or less)
More medication, but by last evening he was unresponsive so I had to get him to emerg.
He wouldn't respond to my voice, but when my son came to lift him in the car, he wagged his tail a couple of times at his deep voice, so we were able to get him standing at least. Needed help to get in the car., and out at the other end.
So they hooked him up to an IV, and phoned this AM to say the fever is down somewhat, but he is still unresponsive. I hope the pills kick in, like before.
I'll keep you posted.
The house needs some help