[Dailydrool] More from Lucie- poop-eating dog/moist poop

Karen Cannon klcannon at telus.net
Sat Jul 19 09:55:01 PDT 2008

Hi from Lucie's Mom, Karen

When I posted last about Lucie's alternating regular vs. moist poops, I said that Lucie was also eating her own poop - an ongoing battle in her young (6 months) life.

What I forgot to say was that I posted that problem to the DD several weeks ago and received a number of helpful replies from you Droolers out there - Thank you so much.

We have tried Forbid (from the Vet) - mixed results.  We are now trying pineapple juice - Lucie's on her 4th day and thinks it enhances her meals greatly!  So far she's only eaten her poop once - but that's because we scoop her poop almost immediately - if my husband could get the shovel under her while she's pooping, he would. Conventional posts on various dog sites say that scooping the poop is about the only way to get her to stop until she outgrows it (hopefully).

The alternating moist/regular poop is another problem.  Unfortunately, Lucie thinks either kind is good to eat. We like to say she is the "Ultimate Recycler"!

Thanks to all of you.

Karen & Lucie (Devil Dog)