[Dailydrool] (no subject)

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Sun Jul 20 07:46:33 PDT 2008

<<I switched Penny to the Wellness reduced calorie version because she's overweight.  I have been feeding her that for a few months only to find that she gained 3 more pounds!>>

For some time I fed the hounds Wellness, but as they aged they just seemed to get too chunky. The senior variety didn't give any more success, so even though I liked the food and like the way they support rescue, we had to switch.

Right now the hounds are on Innova. Jane and Bel eat the regular dog food, and Abner the easily chunky hound is on the senior kind. Everyone is at a good weight. I tried putting everyone on the senior food, but Jane and Bel got too thin. I don't think they could have eaten enough of the senior stuff to keep on a good weight.

Even the cat is on Innova. Everyone is happy and slim--well, Abner would like more food, but since additional weight would be bad for his back, he's just going to have to keep on having a carrot snack at bedtime to keep him satisfied.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets