[Dailydrool] Bloat

Ruth Mayberry ram.berry at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 14:08:54 PDT 2008

This bloat everyone talks of all the time is something that scares me to death;
I hope and pray that NONE of my dogs ever get it. I would probably pass out from fright if they did!

Ok, Bev, my questions are, what is  "simethecone"
where do I get it, and should I keep it on hand in case this dreaded thing happens?

ruth
  Shall I continue?
  I have seen dogs bloat after eating quietly in their kennels and then falling asleep. It doesn't mean sleep causes bloat.

  The bottom line is watch your dogs. If you think they are bloating, if they are retching but not vomiting, agitated, stomach distended, glassy-eyed---get'em some simethecone as you haul your butt and your dog as fast as you can to the nearest Veterinarian. It is a thousand times better to be told your dog just has gas than it is to wait and see whether she is bloating or not. Money well spent, every time.

  MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell, Zelda and Cooper