[Dailydrool] Sadie's Birthday, Almost a Disaster

Linda Collins lindaccollins at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 18:50:13 PDT 2008

Sadie had her birthday on Tuesday, and one of her presents was a Beef
rawhide roll.  She and her brother traded the chew back and forth, and
finally Sadie went to bed with it.  I had made her some turkey meat balls
and when in to give her one.  She had the end of the chew sticking out
between her back teeth, and when I presented the meatball, while she wanted
it, she could not let go of the chew.  I reached out to grab what  was
sticking out of her mouth, and realized that she had swallowed the other
part of it and it was still attached.  I gently pulled the rawhide and
retrieved about 18 inches that she has swallowed.  While we have always been
very careful to supervise everything the babies eat, this could have been a
disaster.  She got her Frosty Paws later and had a good birthday, but I
still get chills thinking about the what, why and how of that chew.  This is
just a reminder to be very careful and always supervise everything you give
your babies.

We want to enjoy Sadie for years to come!

Linda Collins