[Dailydrool] Bassets being smart

Gorney shadedog at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 21 20:40:05 PDT 2008

Milo did something amazing in the car on our way home from Arizona to Los Angeles yesterday. While stopped at the gas station in Quartzite (yes it was hot!) I opened the tailgate to the jeep cherokee and poured water into the Ruff canvas water bowl (the small one). Tracker got up and came back for a drink. Milo decided to stay lounging on his pillow (I usually put their big round costco beds on the folded down back seat and they lie on them most of the time during the trip). Okay, so since Milo won't come back I slid the bowl as far forward as it could just back of his pillow. Well the lazy bum just stretched his neck as long as he could and lap a bit up. I guess it wasn't working well because without even getting up he grabbed the edge of the bowl, picked it up and put it down on the pillow next to him without spilling a drop. Then proceeded to finish his drink while still reclined. He's 10 years old and I never saw him do anything that smart. I'm still laughing about it. He does however open zippers in duffel bags and backpacks and cleans us out of hiking snacks, but thats another story.

Sue, Tracker (I'm not lazy), Milo (I'm a pretty slick customer when I want to) and The Shadedog(atb)