[Dailydrool] New Barkwork masterpieces have arrived

Basset Artist barkwork at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:03:41 PDT 2008

The wonderful BARKWORK KIDS ARTWORK fundraiser is under way!!

We received two more wonderful kids portraits (of Billy and Liz from HOP)
yesterday!! It's SO much fun seeing how creative the kids are in capturing
the HOP hounds' personalities. But we still need more kids to contribute
their pup-portraits, so please spread the word to your friends and
neighbors... it's a great way to share the story of rescue with kids AND to
chase away the summertime "I'm bore mom" blues!

Help us show the world that SENIOR DROOLERS ARE COOLER!

We are seeking kids under age 17 to create pup-portraits of the House of
Puddles bassets. Kids choose the HOPper they wish to portray using the
photos from the HOP website: http://houseofpuddles.org/HoundiePages.htm (if
you click on a hound's name, there are more inspirational photos to spark
the imagination).

Please use standard 8.5 x 11 paper or card stock since we will be scanning
these treasures, and each masterpiece needs to fit atop a standard scanner.

When finished, package each masterpiece carefully, sandwiching between clean
paper and cardboard so it is not creased in transit. Be sure to include a
note indicating the artist's name, age and address and the name of the HOP
dog they've immortalized (please avoid writing on the back of the artwork
itself since the impression and lettering can sometimes bleed through to the
front – and we don't want anything spoiling these wonderful pup-portraits!).
Up to two entries per child allowed.

Send to arrive by July 31 to:
Barkwork
228 North St NE
Leesburg VA 20176

Important note: All submissions become the property of HOP and will be
raffled to benefit the rescue. Some designs may be used by Marilyn for fun
notecards or other promotional purposes, and by donating the artwork you are
granting permission for these uses.

E-mail barwork at gmail.com with any questions.