[Dailydrool] letting them go

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 22 06:06:13 PDT 2008

Marilyn,
You said that so well.   Made me see how much I have tried to grab any sign of doing good as a sign that they are not ready...the "good" day, as you put it.   I have let many go,  and Lord knows,  I question my timing on each one.   Even IF I know in my heart the time was right.  I do not enjoy the responsibility of this aspect of being their slave.
Probably most of us have had to make the decision at some point, and the best you can do is make it based on you knowing your baby best, and what the vet has to say.  And despite knowing for certain it is the right thing to do,  it will still break your heart to see them go.
Sending drool for all out there who are going thorough this tough time right now.

wen
www.seniorhoundsabound.org