[Dailydrool] dogs with 3 legs

Roger & Joyce Jennings jsj at zoomtown.com
Thu Jul 24 07:54:56 PDT 2008

your way) that won't be necessary.

However, our son and daughter-in-law (they volunteer with a Great Dane
rescue) have a Dane who is deaf and has only 3 legs.

  He was owned, as a puppy, by a bottom-feeding, heartless, idiot.
This genius allowed Nelson to wander. Nelson was hit by a car and left
to languish by the road until he dragged himself home.  After weeks
went by, the shelter got him.  His leg (right front) had to be
amputated to spare him a life of pain.

Nelson is cheerful boy who moves much faster and with greater agility
than we could have imagined. He runs with the other dogs and can keep
up unless they turn suddenly.  It takes him longer to pivot. He moves
with a hop  in his step, but does not appear to be bothered by it. He
has no trouble ""charging" up and down the stairs at home and can leap
in and out of the hatch in the van with no trouble.

I hope that your baby can avoid amputation, but if it is necessary you
will still have a sweet, loving dog who will be glad to be alive.

Joyce