[Dailydrool] Daisy returns to normal

Suzabells at aol.com Suzabells at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 11:30:12 PDT 2008

Thank you , Rebecca, for asking. i hope i am the right Susan you were
addressing as i did go thru a hellish four days a couple of weeks ago with 5  month
old Daisy. i did a stupid thing, i bought a bag of Maximum puppy chow and
mixed it in with her Purina puppy food. i did that on a Monday afternoon.   when
she woke up Tuesday she was a dog i had never met in my life! she was  totally
hyper, raced around the yard in the heat, raced thru the house, knocked  me
down once and nearly a second time and ate like she was starving! she
destroyed the screen door in the back by flinging herself into it with all her  might!
 i was blown away!

when i finally realized it came about with the dog food change, i took all
food away Saturday night, went to Walmart early Sunday morning and got a   bag
of Purina One puppy food. she ate a bowl of it right away and then she  calmed
way down! she has never returned to that dog from hell again. she is her
sweet energetic self, minds her manners and we play Fetch , hide and seek and
all sorts of walks as heat permits.

i will never change her food again except to begin to slowly add Purina
adult food as she gets to 7-9 months old....advice from a very credible breeder
and contributor to the Daily Drool herself. you can't beat advice from good
breeders, we raised cage birds for 36 yrs, i wrote a column every month in Cage
Bird Magazine and was able to help many people over the years with their bird
 problems.

 i learn every day from the Daily Drool.. thank heaven you are all  here
every day.

 for those who have lost their pets, i send my deepest sympathy to you  all.
i know exactly what that feels like and it is a bleak time in our lives  when
it happens. a new puppy, when the timing is right, is the cure. i wish you
all happier days.. Suzan and Daisy/ Colorado

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.