[Dailydrool] thunderstorm issues

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Thu Jul 24 12:46:55 PDT 2008

Jill the Bagel here.  I used to be weally scared at dem boom boom
storms til MeMom gave me Benedryl, 25 mg, just one wittle red pill.
It helps.  ALSO--FIND ME A SMALL PLACE TO HIDE.  I prefer a tiny
closet in the guest room.  It is packed with racks of clothes and is
only 3 x 3 feet big an I hide behind the back rack. An if clothes fall
down on my I not care.  It's wike a cave an dat suits me fine.  MeMom
calls it my condo.  Sometimes I eben close the door so no one can get
in.  Udder times I feel best uner da bed or wedged between the wall an
MeDad's desk or between da wall and MeMom's rump.  Big open spaces are
too scary during storms.  I have been known to want to escape outside
an eben get into da car an den MeMom drives me for a few minutes an I
feel better 'bout da storm.  Den when I gits home I goes to the condo
closet or unner da bed.

(I know this all sounds crazy but after two years of trying EVERYTHING
this seems to work best for Jill--Benedry and small spaces--I think
you were right on target with "burying" your scared pup under pillows
and quilts! - Nadine, slave to Jill)