[Dailydrool] Ahroos!

Courtney Willard courtney_willard at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:26:05 PDT 2008

When we adopted our first dog, Gilbert the Bluetick, he would not make a peep.  He was, and is, a very anxious, frightened dog.  For months we tried to convince him that he should bark and he adamantly refused.  And then one day he let out the most beautiful bay we've ever heard.  Since then, we can't get him to quiet down - it's like he discovered a new found freedom.  While it can be a bit much at times, it's too beautiful to stop - both the bay and his happiness.

Our Franny loves her ear cleanings.  Just like others have described, the eyes roll back and the low grumble follows, sometimes with a foot stomp.  I laughed at the similarity in the faces of her and Morse during their cleanings!

And last but not least, please know that my thoughts are with all of you going through difficult times. There have been a lot of tears on my end for all of you who have lost your babies or are dealing with their deteriorating health.  To the families owned by Bullet, Dub-Dub, Merlin, Waldo, and Nellie I please know my thoughts are with you.  We are making tons of peanut-butter loaded drool for Zelda, Wyatt, Drake, Elvis, Mazzie, Maeby, Snip, Fred and Daisy.  Please get better!

On a more chipper note - WELCOME Oliver, Fred, Twinkie and Caesar!  The more bassets the better!

Courtney Bishop
Momslave to Gilbert, Maggie and Franny