[Dailydrool] 3 legged doggies

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Thu Jul 24 12:21:01 PDT 2008

My Mother and father-in-law have an 11 year old yellow lab that has
three legs.  He had a hunting accident when he was only 1 or 2 years old
and had to have it amputated.  I've never known him any other way and to
me it seems like he doesn't know that he's any different than any other
dog.  When they babysat their son's dog, speedy (the one who's terrified
of my cat, Choncey) he kept up with him, ran up and down the hills in
the field with him, knocked him to the ground when they were alligator
mouthing, and in general acted like a dog half his age the whole time.
He didn't miss a beat.  And this is on top of the fact that he's one of
the sweetest, smooshiest (though not basset smooshie) cuddliest dogs I
have ever met.  I think he's gotten over it and he's perfectly content
to have a leg missing.  Ooh, btw, it's his right front leg that's
missing, fyi.

Jessica L. Sutton