[Dailydrool] thunderstorm fear

rebec at execpc.com rebec at execpc.com
Thu Jul 24 12:15:49 PDT 2008

I've got a couple of things you might try for the fear of storms.
I've never had a hound afraid of much of anything, but both these thngs
really helped a friend's german wirehair.  First, there is now a DAP
collar.  It looks like a flea collar but it has that pheramone scent
that the DAP machines do that are supposed to be calming to dogs.
They are pricey and need to be replaced once a month,though.  the
other is to put a very tight t-shirt on the fearful houndie, preferably
before the storm starts.  You can buy some kind of bindings that do
the same thing, but a t-shirt is cheaper.  It works on the same
principle as swaddling babies and does seem to have a calming
effect.

crazy basset lady