[Dailydrool] Gone but not forgotten

jules56pt at charter.net jules56pt at charter.net
Thu Jul 24 14:04:30 PDT 2008

I loved both the essay and the poem about our bassets who follow us on silent paws while we grieve for them.  Reading such things nearly always makes me cry. We have been loved by three furbabies who have passed on.  I know they are in a better place but that doesn't lessen the sadness.

Today as I was reading the poem,  Ninja was sitting close to me on the couch when I reached out to give her a rub.  I wasn't looking at her so I stuck my hand in the air in her general direction.   Ninja put her paw on my hand just like a high 5 and held it there.  I guess it was her way of giving me comfort.  It really was the sweetest thing.  Where is a camera when you need one?

Of the six bassets who have come into our lives, Ninja is the only one who is a velcro dog to me.  She stays with me no matter where I am  in the house.  She sleeps on my side of the bed and has to be able to see me at all times.  I have no idea why she is so attached but I like it.  She is a real sweetheart.

We hope everyone is having a good day.
Julie and the fluffy Illinois girls, Sunny, Ninja and Marley