[Dailydrool] Abraham Ga-linkin's Birthday and This and That

GalinkinSK at aol.com GalinkinSK at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 17:12:50 PDT 2008

First, my heart goes out to all those whom have lost their fur babies and
tons of drool to those that are ailing...unfortunately I have been there too
many times and know the despair you are feeling.

Tomorrow, July 25th is Abraham's 5th birthday and we are celebrating with a
family BBQ .  Thanks to Rene'e the Frosty Paws are made and are in the
freezer ...hopefully his Cousin Ida Rachel, a 90 pound Bulldog will come and  help
celebrate along with Owen's girlfriend Daisy Mae (yellow lab ) from next  door
will also be able to attend.  Steven and I were discussing his party  and he
said "gee it seems like yesterday when he came into our lives"  (October 27,
2007) "but yet it feels like he has been here longer"  (if that makes sense).
He also said he can't believe how much joy  and laughter he also brought back
into our home.  Abe is quite the  character.  He has a beautiful voice which I
adore.

Speaking of his voice we live in a VERY animal friendly neighborhood and
recently had new neighbors move in across the street.  They have a lovely
chocolate lab who is so well trained he is off leash and never leaves his  yard..I
was talking with them yesterday and they both told me they love it when
Abraham is looking out the front door and using his beautiful voice...especially
when he starts to ahroooooooooo!  It's nice to know that they  appreciate his
arias...!!!

After reading that Buster Lema is going to start agility I couldn't agree
more with his Mother....Buster was at my house for a play date and I have never
seen a basset so agile in my life.    That dog actually jumped  from my floor
in my kitchen onto my counter which is 3 feet high .  I  caught him eating
sandwiches from the sink (I had put them in the sink to keep  him from stealing
them from the dining room table) I clapped my hands and he  jumped from the
sink to the floor with a sandwich in his mouth of course .   He did this
twice...!!  Unbelievable for a dog so low to the ground...these  Bassets never cease
to amaze me.  My main concern was that he would and  could hurt his back by
jumping off the counter.   Buster is the most  perfect name for him as he is a
true buster!!!

Happy Birthday Abrahammy from your Mammy!!!!

Shelley, etc.

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.