[Dailydrool] this and that

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Fri Jul 25 12:40:58 PDT 2008

I wanted to chime in on the thunderstorm anxiety thread going
again...the last time it was discussed on the drool, someone mentioned
dryer sheets as a way of neutralizing the static that is in the air when
thunderstorms are looming, which is apparently the cause of some of the
anxiety the dogs feel, so the last couple times we have had a storm
coming, I put two or three dryer sheets fresh out of the box right on
the floor, and my girls went koo koo over them!  They acted like a cat
with catnip!!  They were both rubbing all over them, rolling on them,
going around in circles and pawing at them...it was so strange to watch,
but they ended up laying down and snoozing through the whole thing,
right there on the dryer sheet and the nervous pacing and occasional
whine disappeared and I was actually able to walk through my house
rather than sit there holding them as if they were made of sugar and the
rain would mean certain death!!!  It's worth a try if you have an
anxious hound. Just make sure you get it back from them, mine tried to
eat theirs!

On another note, we are beginning crate training (14 mos. & almost 3yrs.
old) in preparation for the kids going back to school and the girls
being alone during the morning and early afternoon...not chancing Diva
Houdini escaping again!!  Last night was the first night, and I'm proud
to say so far so good, some whining and griping but for the most part,
they were great.  I remembered all the wise words from droolers about
crate training, and just wanted to say thank you all...you know your
stuff!!!

Again, to those of you with ailing babies, my heart breaks for you and
we pray for you with paws pressed together tight each night.  God bless
you and may your hearts be filled with love and peace as you go through
this with your beloved pet.  They know how much you care, and they hurt
to see you sad when they have lived to make you happy for so long.  We
are all here for you. God Bless you.

Jessica L. Sutton

Momma to Diva Marie and Sophie Doo Dah - smelling like Bounce dryer
sheets...mmmmmm!!!