[Dailydrool] At the coast without Bullet

Noah Goslowah handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 26 09:48:38 PDT 2008

This is Roland.  We're at our beach house in Oregon.  It's pretty quiet here without Bullet.  She was always our cheerleader for barking at every thing that moved.  I'm too lazy!

I do have a new cousin who is coming to see us today.  Her name is Kona and she is a big brown boxer.  She is coming with the grandsons, so we will tear up this house, I'm sure!

I have  made myself a new little bedroom in the closet.  It has my own fleece bed in there.  Ever since those big noise fireworks, I've liked to sleep in the closet-just in case!

Stella and I have a new game, since the backyard is all dug up and dusty.  We call it basset rodeo.  It involves her chasing me all over the yard, stirring up dust like crazy and making Deohgee dizzy watching us.  Then we reverse and I chase her.  Then we bring all the dust inside.  Our goal here is to make the inside of the house as hospitable to dogs as the outside.  That means lots of dirt!

Deohgee often sits outside and just sniffs the air.  I think he's dreaming of his next life, when he will be able to see and hear again.  He does love to go on leash walks with us and continues to torture the dog who lives behind us by doing the fence running.  Deohgee does it w/o barking, which is even more frustrating to Shadow.  Shadow always gets the blame cause he barks!  Too bad.  BWHAHAHAHA!

Roland, Duke of Ears