[Dailydrool] Possible sad Basset

Siobhan Daniel sjddisney at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 26 13:38:57 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone- Sad news in Tucson this weekend, our 14 month old English bulldog, Dodger, died. He was very sick for 3 weeks and finally passed. The vet couldn't figure it out. We bought Dodger to be friends with our now 2 year old basset hound, Hershey. Hershey is a busy dog, he loves to get into stuff and rarely sits or lays down to relax. What I was wondering is I have often heard that dogs who grow up together get very sad and depressed if one of them dies. Does anyone have any advice on this? Signs to look for? Ways to prevent it from happening? So far Hershey is still eating, but he keeps following us everywhere we go around the house and he keeps going near where Dodger sleep, like he is looking for him. Any advice would be appreciated.

Siobhan