[Dailydrool] killing the grass

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 13:04:39 PDT 2008

Someone on here awhile ago posted a message about only female dog's urine
killing the grass. Both Joey (all basset) and Checkers (Bagel) have killed a
number of spots on our grass, and both are males! On the other hand,
Crispin, our male spaniel hasn't killed any grass in the nearly 6 yrs. we've
had him. At first we thought that Joey was just odd, or that maybe it was
the melatonin that he was on that made his urine more acidic, but since we
got Checkers, and it's been warm (we got him in december, and it was
snowing), he's done the same thing... Could it possibly just be something in
the hound DNA?
-Karrie, a curious momma to Joey, who's done a number to the grass in our
front yard.