[Dailydrool] Wasps and Santana

Robbie Bagby jamalucy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 05:01:59 PDT 2008

A couple of years ago, my Lucy hound got stung when i was coming in from
work. I heard her yelp but not sure why so i went about my business of
feeding hounds. She didnt come in to eat and i went to find her. She had
dirt all over her nose. She was swelling up and had whelps all over her
body. I put her in the tub and gave her some benedryl. I wasnt sure at first
if it was something she had come in contact with skin wise or if she had
been stung. I went back downstairs to find the wasp flailing about and
killed it. I can only imagine that one of the dogs bit the wasp and that is
what made it not able to fly. But at least i was able to start looking for
the nest as i didnt know we had one.
I keep watch on Lucy now if wasps or anything like that are around. I make
sure they are dead stingers. I do keep benedryl around and it works wonders
on the dogs if needed.

--
Robbie, mom slave to Lucy, Jaime,
Devon, Daisy, Hollee, Sally Sue, and basset wannabees