[Dailydrool] Daphneyland - Earthquake Report

Marie28443 at aol.com Marie28443 at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 14:01:34 PDT 2008

I just spoke with Dawn and the hounds and  everyone at Daphneyland are safe.
In case you're not familiar with the  area, Daphneyland is located
approximately 30 miles South of Chino Hills (the  epicenter of the earthquake) and they
are still feeling aftershocks.  The  electricity and telephones at Daphneyland
are out.

The  biggest problem right now is with the electricity being out at
Daphneyland,  the water pumps will not operate.  Daphneyland has a  limited emergency
supply of water on hand but with approximately 90 Bassets on  the property,
the supply will quickly be used up and they will be forced to  purchase bottled
water.  Between drinking water and water for mopping the  kennels (forget hose
downs right now), it will cost approximately $250 a day  until the power is
restored.  Since Daphneyland is located about 50 miles  East of Los Angeles and
is rural, they will not be a priority customer to get  their power back on.

If you are able to make a donation towards the  purchase of water for the 90
some Bassets at Daphneyland, please make the  donation to the Daphneyland
Paypal account - Basset911 at aol.com

If I talk  to Dawn later and get any additional info, I'll post it to the
group.   Thanks for any help you can give!

Marie
Rhett, Scarlet & Megan  Mariah

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.