[Dailydrool] Sweepin up

Elsamarie5 at cs.com Elsamarie5 at cs.com
Wed Jul 30 17:17:31 PDT 2008

Oh how I laughed at the drools about sweeping up after the "hairy monsters".
I especially appreciated Synthia's comment about garbbing up the big clumps
and ignoring the rest.  When we remodeled a few years back, we removed all the
carpets and used tile throughout the whole house (incl. closets, etc.). We put
in ceiling fans and now all we have to do is turn on the fans, the hairballs
blow off into the corners and edges of the room,  then we suck'em up with the
vacuum before company comes !!  I can't even imagine vacuuming every day, I am
exhausted just thinking about it.
My hat's off to all you "go-getters", but I can't stand to take so much time
away from tummy rubs and lap sessions on the sofa.
I cover the chairs and sofa with old comforters and remove them when I expect
company. Archie Basset-person knows someone is coming when I do this, as soon
as I start to remove a comforter, he heads for the front door, lays across
the entry so no one can come throught the door unless they step over him.  He is
addicted to tummyrubs and insists he get them before anyone can enter his
house !!
I find that vacuuming the dogs helps to keep down on the sheddings, also we
keep the air conditioning on 24/7 (been setting heat records at 112 degrees
this summer) so that they don't seem to shed as much anymore.

Judy and "Archie Von Cruisinbunz" in Fresno (heat stroke capital of the
nation)

For those of you with discriminating tastes, You can see Archie's famous
"Bunz" in the August "Bob's Basset Butts & Bellies" calendar.