[Dailydrool] How BHCA supports rescue

Mitch &Susan Darknell darknel4 at fidnet.com
Thu Jul 31 11:50:55 PDT 2008

I believe in the last annual report, $500 was set aside for rescue.  What
they do with the money is unknown to me.  It would be nice if 1 or 2 rescues
could be spotlighted per issue of the Tally Ho.  Or, what the heck, have an
entire issued devoted to rescues-including rescued bassets which have gone
on with obedience, agility, etc. Perhaps, being featured, would bring in
some much needed donations to the spotlighted rescues.

There are some breed parent clubs which give tremendous support, both
financially and in their bi-monthly breed magazine, to their rescues.  The
Doberman Pinscher Club of America is one such club which is proud to show
off and help their rescues. Their rescue page has a wealth of information
for rescuers, would be rescuers and adopters. www.dpca.org/Rescue/

I know the BHCA has a Parade of Rescues at the Nationals, but, I think they
can do more; allow rescues to have a booth free of charge, have several
fundraisers during the year, etc.  I know that would mean they would have to
have a rescue committee with more than one person and would have to
distribute the funds, etc, but, it could be done.  I think the BHCA is in
the stone age, yet.  I liked it when BH Cares, Inc. was up and running. Too
bad they went by the wayside.

I'm off my soap box now. Sorry for being so long.

Susan D.