[Dailydrool] Frozen treats

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Thu Jul 31 11:53:53 PDT 2008

With the hot steamy weather lately,  I wanted something cool for the houndies. I had a few bananas that were nice and squishy - happens fast in this weather. I smooshed those in a bowl with some chunky peanut butter, wheat germ, and oatmeal until kind of stiff, then rolled into little balls and froze them. They are a big hit! Thinking of trying another batch with blueberry/yogurt in place of the banana/peanut butter.

It was fast and easy with  no cooking, so for those looking for some cool treats, these are going over big.

Drool and snooters to all!
Synthia, dessert chef to
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Doheny, Kahuna (can I have whipped cream on mine?)
Ace the Newf (I licked the bowl. It was in the kitchen sink just for me.)
Saintly Miss Maggie and Baja (they melt in your mouth)
Maya the Great Dane (yum! Maggie has peanut butter drool)