[Dailydrool] Chewy vs. Mole...hmmm

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at Delmonte.com
Thu Jul 31 13:53:18 PDT 2008

Tuesday night was a special night of new toys and chewys at our house after a month of vet visits for one of my boxers.

Schroeder was lying in the yard totally enthralled with his new chewy.  As was Cassie and Maya on the deck.
The dadslave and I were sitting enjoying an adult beverage on the deck, discussing the vet events of the day, and enjoying the dogs.
Cassie leaps up and runs to the mulched area of our yard. She does the boxer paw thing and a mole goes flying through the air.
We slaves go nuts along with the dogs to try to kill it....well, 2 dogs.

Hmmm...where is my mighty hunter, the sniffer of all sniffers, the great and mighty hound dog????  Still lying in the yard, chewing on his chewy.
He could have cared less!

He lifted his head to see what was going on was when the dadslave picked up the dead rodent and flung it over the fence.
Even then, he didn't move.  Just simply sat there, looked up and went back to his chewy.

In fact, he even moved him and his chewy quietly under our maple tree as if we were disturbing him!  Some hound dog!  :-)

I was quite disappointed.  I keep waiting to see that hound instinct.

What is a momslave to do?  Where am I going wrong?

Lots of love and drool, especially to Maggie Mae's Mom.

Annette, Schroeder, Maya & Cassie