[Dailydrool] request for foster homes or if other rescues are available

Robbie Bagby jamalucy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 18:21:58 PDT 2008

This week, i have gotten requests from 4 shelters at least to take bassets
into rescue. One shelter up in the northwest part of the state has 4, all
owner surrenders and they were breeders.
Cullman has 2 and Summerdale has one and Baldwin county is reported to have
one. Then i have another request i havent even had time to read yet.
So this is 8 bassets needing to be rescued. At this point in time, i have 5
at my house in need of foster homes that are medically ready to go to
foster or forever homes. There at 10 at the clinic finishing up medical and
will also be in need of rescue.
I simply am unable to rescue these 8 hounds from Alabama high kill shelters
without someone stepping up to foster hounds.
Having worked in two shelters over the past 20 years or so, i know what goes
on inside behind the scenes. It is a horrific sight. I hate to let these 8
hounds be put down. Without foster homes, they will not live past this
weekend. And i cant bring them in when there is no place to put them.
Will you open your home and heart to the ones we have that are already
medically ready to go so i can bring at least some of these into rescue?
They are all young dogs.
The hounds would be forever thankful.

--
Robbie, mom slave to Lucy, Jaime,