[Dailydrool] vets

Tracy Parsons tracyjain2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 13:39:33 PDT 2008

As far as vets and vet bills go, we feel pretty lucky. Granted, there are many vets closer to where my family lives in Buffalo... but they still drive about 25min away to this vet out in the country. When Max was rushed in with bloat a few weeks ago and then needed additional treatment, the bills really could have been worse. The initial visit that included the workup, xrays, surgery, meds, food & stay was $800. Another visit for exam, labs, xrays & antibiotics was $250, the next visit for drainage of an abcess & drain placement (as well as yet another xray, more meds, IV fluids AND a 3 night stay) was about $300, and the last visit where they took out the drain, more meds and xrays was another $250 i think. Total cost so far is about $1600... .but now that he is FINALLY looking like his old self & like he isn't in immense pain anymore we couldn't feel better about spending that much. (when he was in so much pain & looked so bad for so long after the initial surgery we
 wondered if we did the right thing... but once the abcess was found & drained he was soooooo much better!!!). All things considered we think we got off easy as far as costs go.... but we don't really know.

  Max sends his thanks for all the kind thoughts & the gallons of drool that were slung his way... and now that he is well enough to produce some, sends truckloads of drool to all those in need & to those that have lost their furbabies recently.

  Tracy.... long distance slave & translator to Max

www.myspace.com/maxthebasset
Support local animal shelters & rescues...
Adopt, don't shop!