[Dailydrool] Airlock

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Tue Jun 3 04:17:58 PDT 2008

<<I'm thinking of 2 barriers in the house, sorta like an airlock in a spaceship. Both doors are never open at the same time.>>

Because we live in a house that was built in the 20s or 30s, we get lots of modern conveniences (NOT). Though we may not have a huge kitchen with room for a desk or a mudroom with space to hang leashes,  we do have an airlock. Our small front hall has a French door with which we can close out the hounds who are not leaving. One human and one hound can fit in the hall space and still allow the door to be opened.

I think airlocks are lifesavers. If you can design it, it would be great to put in such a door.

Now if I could just convince Drew not to hang his wet raincoat on the corner of the French door, I could actually use it as an airlock!
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets