[Dailydrool] Mailmen

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 5 12:52:44 PDT 2008

Although I too haven't read everything submitted about this topic - this
thread immediately reminded me of our wonderful mail carrier, Bill,  when we
lived up in Ohio.

Samantha Sue met Bill shortly after we got her.  Bill delivered the mail
about 10:30am every day.  Everyday - like clockwork - Samantha Sue would
start to whine to go on her "tie out" about 10:20am.  Bill would take the
time to rub her belly - give her a treat - and otherwise ingratiate himself
to her.  He absolutely adored her - and she him...

When we moved to Georgia - for the next year - every time Bill forwarded a
letter to us - I would find a little "love note" written on the outside of
the envelope to Sammi Sue!  It was positively adorable!

Marilyn - loving Mom to Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns